Tai O Village, Lantau Island - Hong Kong

I made my way to Tai O Village from Bid Buddha and Po Lin Monastery after my hike to Lantau Peak. Getting bus number 21 from Ngo Ping Village Bus stop to Tai O Village only cost me HKD $14. The journey takes around 10 to 15 minutes short ride along the greenery hill.





Tai O Village is fairly crowded with tourists from near and far. Plenty of dried food from the sea can be found here for sale. Also if you like to taste some fresh barbeque seafood, you will be sure to get it here as well. Made freshly in front of your eyes.




Walking around Tai O Village is the most convenient way, seeing that most of the places here are nearly located and it is really inconvenient to bike around the crowd. I have seen some with a stroller for those traveling with the young ones. Personally, I would not choose to go around with stroller around Tai O Village as I prefer to have a carrier for easy maneuvering around.




If walking around is not your cup of tea, you can opt to enjoy some of the local delicacies and food available vastly along the walk, enjoying your food while watching people walking by.

There are people who came to Tai O Village for a camping trip. So if you have few days to spare, you can opt to try this million star hotel rating option.




Boat excursions are conveniently available as well, where you can hop on a boat trip to see Dolphins and few other interesting spots.

I did not do much of excursion here as I am tight in my pocket and tired after hiking Lantau Peak. So I made my way back to Hong Kong via bus to Tung Chung which cost me less than HKD $14.

Comments

Popular Posts